Thursday, August 14, 2008

catwalk favorites

I'm being honest when I say that I probably wouldn't care about fashion week at all if it weren't for models. Pretty clothes are... okay I guess ;), but put them on pretty models and you have my attention! I make this gigantic folder on my laptop during the fashion seasons so I can catalog which shows I like the most, and I always wind up with tons of model pictures stuck in there among detail shots of shoes and various runway looks.

Sifting through my SS '08 folder I realized that, apparently, I liked Alyona a lot at the time. She has an amazing figure (especially for dresses!), and she always walks with a sort of conviction. Sometimes I wonder if she's going to pop through my comp screen and kill me, but whatever.



Another big favorite was Hanne. It's kind of a surprise because usually I don't like the Supreme style faux-edge, but ol' Hanne seems like fun nonetheless. And somehow that strange face of hers makes for some interesting pictures.



Neat style too, don't you think? The Sartorialist picture on the right was published a little while after I had looked through Ohne Titel online, another show that made my favorites list (in its debut season no less!). I loved the tribal aspects to their designs; Hanne reminding me of them probably scored a few points in her favor.

Kim Noorda became one of my ultimate favorite models during SS 07. I had always liked her but somehow she just clicked for me during that season, and it was love! She has the most ridiculously perfect Scandinavian features (*jealous*) and an overall purity of form. I will rue the day she stops working!



Hmm, who else?... actually I think I'll stop there for now. I get the feeling I'm boring all zero of my readers. Tomorrow's another day, though! ;)

PS. You learn something new every day-- I see from my profile that I was born in the year of the snake. CREEPY! Yet oddly suitable...

{image sources: Topshop HQ of Alyona found at the Celebrity City; all others courtesy style.com}

2 comments:

Fashion_Girl22 said...

So many post, so little time.
Tis time to do some networking!
^_^

FASHION CHALET said...

Your blog is so fun! I love the runway shots and editorial looks! <3

I am adding your link into my links as we speak!! xx